These days it seems like you can grab a sugar cookie or a chocolate chip cookie just about anywhere, which believe us we love, but nothing beats baking cookies the old fashioned way with your kids. It can be such a special bonding experience. That’s why today we are making Monster Cookies with our little monsters!
These Monster Cookies are perfect to make with kids because they are different than any cookie you can go buy. Trust us, they make a lasting impression. Want to know why?? Because, they are absolutely delish: Big, chewy, peanut butter oatmeal cookies loaded with every kind of chocolate.. including mini M&Ms need I say more!?! If your kids are like ours, these are a household fave.
When cooking any recipe it is important to have high quality ingredients. We recently discovered Food Club products and fell in love. Not only are they incredible quality, but they are such an amazing price which makes them perfect for the savvy mom! We used Food Club products to make our Monster Cookies and absolutely loved the results. Food Club has been offering quality products since 1945 and is a national brand equivalent which means you are saving money without sacrificing quality or nutritional value. We also love that Food Club offers a double your money back guarantee so if you don’t love it you can return it!
You can find Food Club products at your local grocery store. We got ours supplies at our local Macey’s but you can find a store near you by visiting foodclubsavings.com So whether you’re trying out our Monster Cookies recipe or baking your go to faves, we highly recommend using Food Club ingredients for your very next baking adventure!
We used Food Club’s all purpose flour and Food Club’s white and milk chocolate chips in our recipe. Hazel couldn’t help herself from snagging a few here and there but can you blame her? The chocolate chips are the best part!
Monster Cookies 🙂
1/2 cup unsalted butter – room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup Food Club’s all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups old- fashioned oats
1/2 cup Food Club’s White Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Food Club’s Milk Chocolate Chips
1 cup M&M candies (preferably mini size)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the baking sheets as needed.
2. In large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed.
3. In separate bowl add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Mix together. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until combined.
4. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips (both white and milk) and M&M candies.
5. Measure out 1/4 cup balls of dough and place them on the baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown and the middle looks slightly under-cooked.
6. Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Pretty sure we got Jersey’s stamp of approval! Food Club also has an amazing giveaway going on. Now through Decemver 21st when you visit any participating Associated Food Retailer and you can enter to win a California Theme Park Getaway when you buy any Food Club product. How amazing is that!? Cookies and a theme park getaway might just get you in the cool mom hall of fame!
Do you love Baking as much as we do? Try this recipe and let us know what you think in the comments below!